Monday, October 3, 2016

I Found Some Mushrooms

I found some mushrooms! Oh, and it flooded to some extent. We had a very rainy end to summer here, which did result in the rivers swelling. But really I'm excited to show you all pictures of the mushrooms I found in the park. I'm guessing all that rain was also great for the moist, dark places the mushrooms liked.

Behold!

This gorgeous mushroom! I have no idea what it is, but it is majestic and looks fantastical to me and that's all I care about. Maybe someday I'll get into researching everything about mushrooms and then have to write a novel about a mycologist, but today is not that day.


These are pretty cool too, a lot like the first though. The orange makes them seem dangerous. Or confident.

I loved how this one had a little stick. It seemed artistic.

This is what happened when I tried to be artistic. The undersides of mushroom caps are either not photogenic, or I am less adequate at pointing and clicking than I thought. I guess I'll leave the art to the forest.

These did not show up as red as they were. I was shocked at the variety of mushrooms all around. I've never seen so many in one place before.

And of course these. They might be my favorite. All in all, a fun day of nature-seeing. It really makes me realize just how little I know about the world, and how many fascinating things are all around.

Cheers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment