Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Cake a Month: January

You all probably know by now that I enjoy doing the Day Zero Project. I never get it all done, but I love having that list to prompt me to get up from the desk and do something else. This time around I'm baking a cake a month for a year--and figure I might as well tell you all about it!

That picture above is what happened when I attempted January's cake, Chocolate Candy Cane Swirl Bundt Cake (recipe here). I skipped the topping and just made the cake, and it was delicious! As a fan of all things mint, I can definitely say the peppermint swirl bit was the best! I've been pulling it out in the mornings with coffee, and it's a sweet way to get a little writing done. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm just finishing up the Yolks on You mysteries--but I'm cooking up something new, so stick around for that. And feel free to check out my various goals on Day Zero!

Cheers!

1 comment: