Monday, March 14, 2016

A Pie for Pi Day

I hope everyone is having an excellent Pi Day! Unfortunately I have to confess that I am not participating this year, even though it's such a great reason to eat all the pie. But I can blog about pie, and so I will.

Recently I've been spending a lot of time working on the sequel to my upcoming novel, and I wanted to keep offering recipes like I did in the first (spoiler: there will be recipes!). Which of course means I have to develop the recipes. It's delicious work, but somebody's gotta do it.

What all this means it that I ended up making two whole pies last month to get a couple of good recipes for more summery dishes, and I just really wasn't about to make yet another pie to celebrate today. I will just have to let the memory of pie suffice.

This pie was a really fun (and easy!) one to make--it's supposed to be Dom's recipe. He's not a good cook. And really, the pie itself doesn't look that great, but trust me, it tastes like summer. Which is just what I was going for.

I guess I'll have to live pie-cariously through it for now.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment