Monday, March 28, 2016

Release Party Recap


Yesterday was both Easter and the day my first novel, Shell Shocked, came out, so I had to celebrate. I baked a phallic cake and have a little recap for those who missed it on Twitter:


I started out strong with my supplies and a generous helping of Spumante + pomegranate juice, ready to bake the best penis cake the world had ever seen.


Then came the boring steps: mixing and pouring. It all fit in the mold, and I was feeling very good about my cake making skills.


While my cock cake was baking, I decided to give myself the fun I never had as a child. All $1 of it. Watching those dinosaurs hatch from little celebratory pill eggs was magical.


Unfortunately, the smell of burning alerted me to a cocktastrophe in progress. The cake was speedily removed and tended to, and then I ate the evidence.


While the cake went back in the oven to get nice and hard, I moved onto egg dyeing. I sadly had no red, so shades of green it was!


Finally the cake came...out of the oven. I set it to cool near my amazingly artistic eggs.

And there you have it! A cock cake and egg-themed release party. Yes, I did bite into this cock cake. Yes, it was pretty all right. Yes, I did drink all that Spumante.

Cheers!





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment